Did you know that New Year Resolution’s don’t work? When I ask my friends these questions…
- Did you achieve your 2017 New Year’s Resolutions?
- Have you ever achieved your New Year’s Resolutions?
I receive answers such as “no, not really.” You most likely are not surprised at what answers I receive, right? You might have the same response. And, you are not alone!
Hello, my name is Tracey Lynn Cox, Vibrational Change® Coach+ offering integrated narrative coaching with solution based healing hypnosis.
Here are the statistics for 2017 New Year’s Resolutions:
- Approximately 40% Americans make New Year Resolutions
- Approximately 49% felt they have infrequent success
- Approximately 42% felt they never succeed and fail each year
So that leaves approximately 9% who felt they were successful in achieving their resolution!
So how long does it take to after the New Year to fall off the wagon? Let’s take a look at the length of resolutions:
- Resolutions maintained through first week: 73% approximately
- Past two weeks: 66% approximately
- Past one month: 58% approximately
- Past six months: 45% approximately
(Data Set Source from Statistic Brain Research Institute)
Three reasons resolutions don’t work are:
- You aren’t ready to change
- You have unrealistic expectations
- Resolutions are abstract – Habit change is specific
Here are three examples of resolutions v. goals ~
- Resolution: Lose weight vs. Habit: Every evening after work, go for a 2-3 minute run or walk around the block.
- Resolution: Manage stress vs. Habit: Meditate for 2-3 minutes every morning after you wake up.
- Resolution: Quit smoking vs. Habit: Smoke off-brand in only one outside location.
So now you know the difference between resolution and habits. Resolutions and goals are the same sort of difference. Resolutions don’t work. Goals do work when you are ready to achieve realistic expectations that are specific!
Need more support to weave through the maze of behavior change? Do you want to master change and be the master of your energy? Call on Vibrational Change® Coach TLC for 90 Habit to Lifestyle Coaching Program. Now is your time to get started to achieve the results you really want!
Connect at hello.traceylynncox.com/lifebalancequiz